Your role within Genexis
You are a vital link between Sales and customers on the one hand, and the internal Genexis organization on the other hand. You work together with the sales teams in the various regions to understand the product needs and technical requirements of the customers in depth, to match these with the Genexis capabilities and vision. Together with the sales managers, you define suitable product-market-price combinations. In addition, you are responsible for providing customer feedback on the Genexis Product Portfolio, specifically to the relevant product owners.
You are responsible for a specific product line, containing multiple products that are part of a solution that Genexis offers to the market. You ensure that the right products within that product line are timely developed and include the right features. You are responsible for creating and sharing the roadmap for your product line, as part of an integral product roadmap that is published every quarter.
You communicate at multiple levels within Genexis and within the customer’s organization. You act on the tactical level, providing inputs to the strategical level and executing strategic choices regarding the product portfolio. You are responsible for product phase-in phase-out scenarios and aligning these with the Supply Chain team and the rest of the Genexis organization. Structured feedback on a commercial and technical level is a key element of your activities.
You are part of the Products Group, reporting to the Chief Operational Officer. The Products Group consists of Product Managers for the various product lines, Product Owners Team and (Product) Marketing, Strategic Purchasing and Customer Support and is directly linked to the R&D organisation.
Responsibilities & Mandates
- R: In cooperation with the sales team, decide the product market combinations (PMC) for the different markets.
- M: Define and maintain PMCs for the different markets.
- R: Ensure that customer requirements and Genexis product plans are aligned. Ensure that product owners are aware of and in-line with commercial priorities.
- M: Set the commercial priorities for products and software features.
- R: Product life cycle management and new product introductions including phase-in phase-out scenarios.
- M: EoL-/EoS- notifications, Product Changes Notifications.
- R: Owner of the market-based price-list.
- M: Provide on a regular basis insight in the actual landed cost prices of products, and advise on sales prices enabling the realization of healthy average margins and good competition based on market insights.
- R: Be the bridge between the internal organization and the sales-team/customer.
- M: See opportunities within the customer base. Involved in participating in trade shows, customer meetings, pealing of customer wishes to the real needs.
- R: Deliver input to enable participation in tenders and Request for Proposals and Quotations trying to win business opportunities.
- M: Be part of teams that work on new business opportunities and deliver advise on portfolio choices and pricing information as part of an overall business case.
- R: Build relationships with customers on a (semi) commercial level.
- M: Together with sales teams, decide on the overall game plan per customer and involve relevant people (for example the product owners).
Your Experience & Skills
You have excellent communication skills, you are a bridge builder between different teams and therefore a strong team-player. You are outgoing and are able to establish long-term relationships.
You are fluent in English at a professional level, have a Bachelor degree or equivalent, and you have at least 5 years of relevant experience in an international position. Having experience in the role of Product Manager is a plus, especially if you have experience working in a relevant sector (like Telecom) and in a similar type of organization like Genexis. Genexis as a product company requires Product Managers to have high skills to ‘understand’ your part of the product portfolio, having insights preferably in both the hardware and software aspects of creating and maintaining good products. You should be able to translate these insights into solutions that we can successfully sell to relevant markets.
Working for Genexis means having a healthy interest in challenges, but most of all you like to work in a team. You like to take the initiative and have a “just do it” approach. Having the right mentality and attitude are more important to us than a degree. Dedication, communication and responsibility are key words to us.
What we offer you
A dynamic and multicultural environment together with a no-nonsense corporate culture, with market conform compensations and attractive benefits.
Do you have a question regarding this vacancy?Contact our HR manager Ans Vogels at 040 747 0247 or send her an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
“Genexis provides me autonomy to make business decisions”
As sales manager BeNeLux and UK, I have the opportunity to initiate and maintain long-term relationships with both clients and industry partners on an autonomous level. Genexis gives me the opportunity to make business decisions independently and to explore opportunities to further expand our market.
Thank you for your application, we will be in touch with you soon.